Enjoy our first video on our new YES Spaces DIY channel!
A charming bedside lamp for snuggling up to read your favorite Dr. Seuss books!
Simple step by step instructions to turn an outdated lamp into a whimsical Cat in the Hat inspired focal point for your room.
“And will you succeed? Yes, indeed! Yes, indeed! Ninety eight and three quarters percent guaranteed!” – Dr. Seuss
Things You’ll Need:
- Lamp base you can paint – squared off lamp base works best for this project
- Spray primer appropriate for the lamp base’s surface (ie. wood, metal)
- Gloss Black Spray paint also appropriate for lamp’s surface
- Lamp shade – an extra tall or large shade is great as playing with proportion and scale is very Dr. Seuss
- Glitter white fun foam
- Glitter red fun foam
- Low temperature glue gun (to keep little fingers safe!) and glue sticks
- Paper large enough to make a pattern of the shade
- Red and White striped fabric (we used flannel to hide the imperfections of the shade but cotton also works well)
- Spray glue appropriate for use on fabrics
- Black seam binding
- Red and white trim (Optional)
- Liquid Fabric Glue
Have fun creating!