Being tall is all fun and games until you have to find an office chair to fit your frame. Getting the best office chair for a tall person can be a challenging endeavor. Most office furniture is designed for the average population, which makes up about 95%.
However, manufacturers have now realized how big the market is. Millions of tall people desperate for the best office chairs for their weight and size.
This review will help you find the most suitable office chair for tall people. Read on to select the one that most suits your budget and needs.
10 Best Office Chairs for Tall People in 2020
Flash Furniture Hercules Series 24/7 Intensive use Big and Tall
The Flash Furniture Hercules Series 24/7 is a heavy-duty office chair that is designed to accommodate tall heavy users. Even better, It can handle long intense sessions at a time.
It features a high-back design mesh backrest and a thick padded seat cushion for comfort. It also has adjustable lumbar support and various height and tilt customization options.
- Dimensions: 27”L x 30”W x 49”H
- Weight: 65 pounds/29.4kg.
- Weight capacity: 400pounds/181.4kg.
- Synchro-tilt control to allow your back to recline naturally and comfortably.
- Adjustable armrests.
- A height adjustment lever controls the hydraulic cylinder.
- Waterfall front seat edge for proper posture.
- High back design with ventilated mesh.
- Adjustable height lumbar support.
- Sturdy construction with a high weight capacity.
- Rugged for intense use.
- Fits tall and heavy users easily.
- Breathable mesh back for increased productivity.
- Adjustable armrests for more comfort.
- Thick seat padding with waterfall design means you can stay comfortable for longer.
- The chair feels stiff to smaller users.
- The fabric cushion tends to cause sweating during extended sitting.
The Hercules Series from Flash Furniture is perfect for those who find standard chairs too small or too flimsy. It is tall, sturdy, and strong for intensive use. Best of all, it is quite comfortable for daily use.
La-Z-Boy Delano Big & Tall Executive Office Chair – Best Premium Option
Not many know people know that La-Z-Boy also makes office chairs. The La-Z-Boy Delano is a premium quality large and tall office chair designed for superior comfort and classic style.
It features genuine carved wooden arms and base, and is upholstered with soft bonded leather. With advanced memory foam cushioning and a contoured back lumbar panel, you can sit blissfully in this chair for hours on end.
- Dimensions: 45-48 inch height range, 21 ¾ inch seat width, 32.2L x 27.5W x 28.8H inches.
- Weight: 55.2 pounds/25kg.
- Weight capacity: 400 pounds/181.4kg.
- Soft bonded leather material.
- Memory foam cushioning.
- Styled real wood arms and base.
- Waterfall seat edge.
- Cable-actuated levers for height adjustment.
- 10-year limited warranty.
- Contoured memory foam cushioning for maximum comfort.
- High quality bonded leather material for durability and class.
- Stylish design thanks to the real wood finishing.
- Sturdy and firm, with a corresponding warranty.
- Ergonomic build, with a curved lumbar panel and a waterfall seat edge.
- The back of the seat is deeper than the front, which causes the legs to go to sleep due to poor circulation.
- The backrest has no intermediate recline positions.
The Delano office chair features La-Z-Boy’s thoughtful design and luxurious comfort, but it overlooks some basic ergonomic functions. It is still our favorite chair for tall people, especially at the given price.
AmazonBasics High-Back Executive Swivel Office Desk Chair – Best Budget Option
This high-back executive chair from AmazonBasics is high quality and sturdy option for tall and heavy users. It has a height adjustment range of 41.34″ to 45.08″, making it perfect for users of 6′ height or more.
It is upholstered with bonded leather and foam cushioning, giving it a managerial look. The wide flat seat design makes it very comfortable for larger users.
- Dimensions: 29.1” x 26.1” x 45.5”.
- Weight: 35.7 pounds/16.2kg.
- Weight capacity: 275 kg/124.7 kg.
- Bonded leather and PVC cover material, available in different colors.
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment.
- 3600 swivel with recline functionality.
- Smooth nylon castors.
- Tilt tension knob adjustment for use when rocking.
- 1-year AmazonBasics warranty.
- Wide and tall.
- Attractive cover material.
- Tilt tension adjustment for recline.
- Casters are suitable for a variety of floor surfaces.
- Cheap pricing.
- Poor quality bonded leather and PVC peels off with time.
- It can get squeaky with heavy use.
If you have a low budget, this is a good chair for tall people. However, if you intend to use it for extended periods, we would recommend spending a little more and getting a more durable chair.
AmazonBasics Big & Tall Executive Office Desk Chair
This is a pricier upgrade from our best budget pick, and it defines what a big and tall chair should be. With a 500pound/226.7kg capacity and a super tall backrest up to 45.5 inches high, it is a great option for large users.
It features thick foam cushioning with a soft bonded leather cover. The seat is wide with a waterfall edge design, while the back reclines to your preferred angle.
- Dimensions: 31.1” x 29.5” x 45.5”.
- Weight: 58 pounds/26.3 kg.
- Weight capacity: 500 pounds/226.7kg.
- Smooth high quality bonded leather exterior.
- 5-point star base with hooded casters.
- Adjustable height lever mechanism.
- Fixed armrests with soft padding.
- Super heavy-duty construction.
- Adjustable height with a reliable mechanism.
- High quality bonded leather cover.
- Wide enough for large users.
- Great value for money.
- Inadequate cushioning.
- Assembly can prove difficult and tedious.
Many chairs for tall people wear fast due to more intense use. This model from AmazonBasics will take a lot of punishment and remain sturdy. If you add a seat and lumbar cushion to it, it will be perfect.
Yamasoro Ergonomic Leather Chair
If you’re looking for ultimate comfort in a tall office chair, the Yamasoro Ergonomic chair is the solution. It is upholstered with high-quality PU leather material with soft cushioning.
Its heavy-duty construction means that it feels sturdy even after intense use, and it comes with a 2-year warranty. It is so comfortable that you can even use it for gaming and other desk-bound uses.
- Dimensions: 20.9” x 20.5” x 46.1”.
- Weight: 38 pounds/17.2kg.
- Weight capacity: 280 pounds/127kg.
- High-density foam cushioning for the seat and backrest.
- Flip-up armrest.
- High-quality PU leather upholstery and PP armrest padding.
- Heavy-duty nylon 5-pointed star base.
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment.
- Adjustable height range: 39.4” – 42.5”.
- 2-year warranty.
- You can get the armrests out of the way if needed.
- Thick comfortable padding for extended use.
- Large size dimensions for big people.
- You can use it for extended sessions in the office or even for gaming.
- Stylish and modern look.
- Low weight capacity.
- Poor ergonomics. You have to add your own lumbar support cushioning.
The Yamasoro office chair is an affordable large and tall option for users with a big body. It is comfortably padded and looks very stylish in any setting.
BestOffice Big and Tall Office Chair
If you are extra tall and extra heavy, this is your best shot at getting an affordable and comfortable chair with huge dimensions. It will easily fit users over 6’6” and 350 pounds, thanks to its huge size.
Apart from that, you get decent cushioning, an ergonomic back adjustable armrests to make sure you can stay in the most comfortable position.
- Dimensions: 41.5” x 30.3” x 25.4”.
- Weight: 45 pounds/20.4 kg.
- Weight capacity: 400 pounds/181.4 kg.
- PU padded armrests with 6 adjustable positions.
- Smooth nylon casters.
- Mesh backrest with breathable seat cushions.
- 38.8-41.5 inches height adjustment.
- 30.5 inches seat width.
- Ergonomic high back with lumbar support.
- High-density foam cushions.
- Ergonomic design helps to ease back pain.
- Very sturdy, with a reliable Class-4 SGA approved gas lift.
- Wide and tall for large users.
- Adjustable armrests for more comfortable seating.
- Easy to assemble.
- The backrest does not recline independently, which can make it uncomfortable.
- Hard armrests, with only PP cushioning.
The BestOffice Big and Tall Office chair is perfect for big and heavy users who have a low budget. It is extra big and extra sturdy and can stand the test of time.
Nightingale CXO Office Chair – 6200D
Sometimes, you just want to find the ‘perfect’ chair for the office. If you don’t mind paying good money for the best quality, the Nightingale CXO Office Chair is the best. It doesn’t matter whether you’re 200 pounds or 500, this chair will last you for decades. It is also one of the most comfortable, with superb lumbar support and extra thick memory foam cushioning.
- Dimensions:29.5” x 55” x 29.5”
- Weight: 90 pounds/40.8 kg.
- Weight: 350 pounds/158.7 kg, heavy-duty version 450 pounds/204kg.
- Maximum height with headrest: 47.5” – 55”
- Memory foam seat.
- Adjustable height ratchet headrest.
- Tilt lock with infinite positioning and tension control.
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment.
- Height and width adjustable armrests.
- Patented Ablex mesh for the backrest.
- Adjustable gel lumbar support, with both height and depth adjustment options.
- Heavy-duty construction guaranteed to last many years.
- Contoured memory foam cushioning for prolonged sitting sessions.
- Gel lumbar support with height and depth adjustment options.
- Super tall, with included headrest.
- Armrests with adjustable height.
- Advanced recline functionality.
- Very expensive.
- The headrest on newer versions is not adjustable.
Sometimes we seek perfection and are willing to pay whatever it takes to get it. The Nightingale CXO office chair is the epitome of comfort, ergonomics, and durability. If you don’t mind the price tag, buy one here on Amazon.
HON Crio High-Back Task Chair
The HON Crio High-Back task chair is a comfortable mesh chair designed for tall users. It has a high-back design with flared wings to hug your body closely while working. Aside from that, it also offers decent ergonomics with lumbar support, tilt control, and 3600 swivel.
- Dimensions: 24” x 25” x 43”.
- Weight: 34 pounds/15.4 kg.
- Weight capacity: 250 pounds/113.3 kg.
- High back task chair design with mesh fabric.
- Height and width adjustable armrests.
- 5-Star molded nylon base.
- Adjustable lumbar support.
- Breathable mesh fabric.
- Adjustable armrests.
- Lightweight and mobile.
- Good value for money.
- Swivel and tilt control.
- Mesh cushion holds onto pet hair and lint.
- Seat cushion tends to give out after two years or so.
The HON Crio High-Back Task chair is a good option for those who want an affordable chair with proper support and adjustment options. HON also has excellent customer service in case of any problems you may encounter.
Sihoo Ergonomic Office Computer Chair
This Ergonomic Office Computer chair by Sihoo is a stunning mesh chair designed for extra tall users. It features an adjustable headrest and adjustable armrests for increased comfort.
- Dimensions: 29.1” x 15” x 24.8”.
- Weight: 39.4 pounds/17.8 kg.
- Weight capacity:
- Breathable mesh material for the backrest and headrest.
- Adjustment options for the headrest, armrests, recline, and height.
- Ergonomic design with lumbar support.
- Three-year warranty.
- Recline function from 1020 to 1200.
- Cushion made from 60-density styling cotton.
- Stunning design.
- Mesh fabric on backrest and headrest for breathability.
- Adjustability options for the headrest, armrests, and chair height.
- Durable seat cushioning.
- Recline functionality to reduce disk pressure.
- Thin hard seat cushion.
- Lumbar support is not adjustable.
This is a good option for those with a tall frame but are not too wide and heavy. It has an extra tall backrest and includes a headrest for head and neck support, and for the price, it’s almost a steal.
Serta 43506 Executive Office Chair
The Serta 43506 Executive Office Chair is a stylish option designed for large tall users. It is a heavy-duty chair that can support up to 350 pounds of weight, with heavy padding for comfort.
It is finished with attractive bonded leather in a rich espresso finish to bring a touch of class to any office.
- Dimensions: 30.5” x 27.2” x 43.5”.
- Weight: 46.9 pounds/21.2 kg.
- Weight capacity: 350 pounds/158.7kg.
- Maximum height: 47”.
- Bentwood padded armchair design.
- Adjustable lumbar mechanism.
- Bonded leather cover material.
- Pneumatic gas lift with lever adjustment.
- Fixed padded armrest design.
- Attractive finish.
- Heavy-duty construction.
- Wide enough for big users.
- Thick cushioning.
- Padded armrests.
- Fixed armrests.
- Lacks a proper recline function.
This is a very good and comfortable office chair for tall and heavy users. The deal-breaker might be the non-adjustable armrests, but if your desk is tall enough then it is not really a problem.
What to Look For When Buying the Best Office Chair for a Tall Person
Here are a few tips to help you spot the right option.
Make sure to go through the dimensions and see if they will fit your frame. A chair taller than 45″ will typically fit you if you’re 6′ and above. Also, check the seat span to make sure your thighs are well supported. You should fit onto the seat with your feet flat on the ground without any pressure on your thighs.
- Adjustment options
Office chairs are usually designed to fit a wide range of people, even the tall models. Having the option to adjust the height, the position of the lumbar support, headrest, armrests, and other features allows you to customize the chair to your body contours.
You should pay close attention to the type and amount of cushioning available. The more you have, the more comfortable. Memory foam is the best option but it is expensive. Also, too much cushioning is not good for your spine.
It is important to have a chair that takes care of your natural posture. It must have good back and lumbar support as well as padded armrests for your elbows. A headrest and a ‘waterfall’ seat edge is also good to prevent strain and improve circulation.
- Sturdiness and durability
Since you’re going to be sitting on the chair for many hours per day, make sure it can support your weight and will last long. More expensive chairs are more durable by default.
Should an office chair have a headrest?
Headrests on office chairs are not common. The reason is that most office work is performed in a slight forward slant position (1000 instead of 900) so that the head would not even touch it. However, it is good to have when reclining.
Should feet hang over a recliner?
No. Your feet should always be supported because hanging them puts pressure on the underside of your thighs. It then cuts off blood circulation to the feet which result in numbness.
Should you sit on a chair for a long time?
No. Sitting for prolonged periods at a time is bad for your health. It is recommended to take short breaks of about three minutes every half an hour. Just taking a walk vastly improves your health. If you have to, make sure you sit up straight with your feet flat on the ground.
What are the best chairs for sitting all day?
If you plan to be seated all day, you should choose a chair with thick cushioning. It should also have proper back and lumbar support, with options to adjust most features. Models from La-Z-Boy, Herman Miller, and Steelcase are great for that. However, they don’t come cheap.
As a tall person, getting a chair that fits you properly can be a nightmare. However, this review will help you find one that serves you best. Just choose one which suits your budget and preferences and transforms your work life.